- Valentina Janev, Institute Mihajlo Pupin, Serbia
- Damien Graux, Fraunhofer IAIS, Germany
- Hajira Jabeen, University of Bonn, Germany
- Emanuel Sallinger, University of Oxford, UK
About the School
One of the objectives of the LAMBDA project is organization of a Big Data Analytics Summer School in Belgrade in 2019 and 2020. The event brought together researchers and professionals from respectable EU Universities and companies and stakeholders from the West Balkan countries to discuss state-of-the-art in Big Data research and applications. The Big Data Analytics Summer School allowed the invited PhD students (participants of the School from Serbia and the Region) to learn about the newest technologies and trends in this and related fields. See also the Announcement.
The 3-day event (18 to 20 June 2019) was scheduled as follows
- 1st day LAMBDA Research-Industry Forum - Keynotes + Presentations from Companies
- 2nd day Big Data Analytics Summer School - Invited Lectures and Lectures from LAMBDA partners (UBO and UOXF)
- 3nd day Big Data Analytics Summer School - Lectures from LAMBDA partners
The LAMBDA Research-Industry Forum was a one-day event organized together with the Big Data Analytics Summer School so that PhD students (participants of the School) had an opportunity to network with experts and professionals from the domain.
The event was opened by the Prof. Dr Ivanka Popovic, Rector of the University of Belgrade and Prof. Dr Sanja Vraneš, Director General of the Mihajlo Pupin Institute.