9th International Conference on Information Society and Techology will be held on Kopaonik, Serbia on Mar 10-13, 2018.
The ICIST Conference series is one of the top IT scientific events in Serbia and the region, with 70-100 papers presented each year, average of 200 participants per edition, attended also by the number of IT industry representatives in the region.
The ICIST Special Track on Semantic technologies for Big Data will raise discussion on:
- How could Data Semantics principles be applied in Big Data technologies e.g. representing the entire pipeline of technologies connected to achieve a specific solution and make this representation shareable and verifiable in different cases?
- How could various analytical techniques including data mining, visualization, statistical analysis, and machine learning be applied in Big Data scenarios?
- What are the challenges raised by Big Data computing systems?
- What are the architectures, strategies and practices that are currently followed in Big Data computing?
Additional topics relevant to this session include — but are not limited to — the following:
- Artificial Intelligence / machine learning algorithms
- Knowledge graphs and NoSQL databases
- Centralized, federated, and distributed SPARQL query processing
- SPARQL Analytical Queries
- Security and privacy in querying the Web of Data
- Interoperability and Integration in different domains
- Analytics Services in Big Data applications (Geospatial Data Management, Renewable Energies, Energy Efficiency, Healthcare, eGovernment, Sustainable and Smart Cities, IoT applications, etc)
- Big Data Analytics, Industry Analytics
This session is intended to be a meeting point for the research communities of semantic data management, analytics and Big Data. For providing a forum for sharing novel ideas, SemTech session welcomes a broad spectrum of contributions, including: Full research papers, position papers, case studies or evaluations. Authors are invited to submit original, unpublished contributions related to the aforementioned topics.
- Lehmann, Jens (firstname.lastname@example.org). Smart Data Analytics Group, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany Enterprise Information Systems, Fraunhofer IAIS, , Germany
- Sallinger, Emanuel (email@example.com). Department of Computer Science, University of Oxford, , UK
- Janev, Valentina (firstname.lastname@example.org). University of Belgrade, Institute Mihailo Pupin, Belgrade, Serbia