In the context of WP2 (Exploiting Synergies and Setting the Twinning Initiative) Task 2.2 (SWOT analysis), an action was taken at the beginning of the project with the aim to identify strategic improvement opportunities for the Mihajlo Pupin Institute (PUPIN) as a main beneficiary of the LAMBDA project.
The SWOT methodology is based on four steps:
- Collecting and evaluating key data about Internal factors (micro level) and External factors (macro level)
- Sorting data into four categories (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats)
- Development of a SWOT matrix
- Incorporating the SWOT analysis results into PUPIN’s strategy
Factors considered in the SWOT analysis are:
- Human Resources
- Research and Teaching Activities
- Industrial Projects – Products / IPR and technology transfer
- Financial Resources
Based on the inventory of PUPIN assets and processes, the LAMBDA consortium prepared an updated version of the PUPIN SWOT analysis. The SWOT analysis included all research domains mentioned in PUPIN R&D Strategy 2016–2020.
Additionally, the complementarities of the linked partners have been analysed and strategy for maximising the benefits from the LAMBDA project has been proposed (see Deliverable 2.4). Recommendations are induced from the intention to use the strengths of all LAMBDA partners more efficiently, to rectify identified weaknesses, using all the opportunities and capitalizing on them, and eliminating the strengths to the biggest extent possible.